Read Summer Board Meeting Minutes
Fall General Meeting - 09/09/2019
- Call to Order and Greeting - 6:30 by MGG.
- Reading of FBOA Purpose and Objectives - done by MGG.
- Secretary’s Report Dan Barz - As distributed.
- 3/18/19 General Meeting - Approved.
- 7/15/19 Summer Board Meeting - Approved.
- Treasurer’s Report - Accepted.
- Credit Union & PayPal - $ 1396.06 Balance.
- Bruce Mollineaux replacing Pete Han.
- Check Dues list (Attachment at meeting).
- Recruiting Report Ken Schmaltz/MGG.
- MHSAA Recruiting for 2019-2020.
- Legacy Officials’ Program, continuing at BHS, encouraging other AD’s to
- Constitution/By-Laws Review MGG.
- Dues Payment June 1 - Move back? Discussion on reason for timing.
- Vice-President Duties.
- Speakers - Retain statement.
- Add Membership & Recruiting Coordinator as Board Member.
- Associated Members - currently coaches & ADs/Add Legacy, Others?
- Trainers’ Reports.
- Football Steve Petlick - meetings at his house, clinic and Edwardsburg,
meetings coming in Dowagiac and work with SMOA. Keeping attendance for state
eligibility. Max worked state finals. Terry - Shortage of officials,
difficulty getting full crews for Fridays.
- Volleyball Dan Barz - held home & multiple meetings, Seeking "Ball
- Wrestling Brian Kuemin - first meeting Nov. 11, partner with KO A, Need
to recruit more officials, students.
- Basketball Freddy Krieger - Rule & Casebook coming; review points of
emphasis from previous season; Official manual to be coming, will be highly
instructional; New mechanics reporting fouls; use preseason to get in shape;
e-mail the primary form of communication; Sept. 24 begin preseason meetings
at Martins, Rules meeting times posted and clinics.
- Baseball Dale Yoder - Recognize District crews; Regional &
officials; Steve P. State Finals; Nov. 13 first rules meeting.
- Softball Bret Damaske - Meeting dates; Rookie training possible in the
- MHSAA Association Leaders / Assigners Summer Meeting.
- Officials guidebook - on the MSHAA site.
- Social media guidelines (p. 3) especially important can get suspension.
- Sport-specific Uniforms for some sports coming (pp. 11-12).
- Personal Attack is to result in ejection and officials report needs to
be filed exactly as stated, (pp. 14-17). Both verbal & physical. Each sport
needs to review application.
- Tournament Assignments / Philosophy and Requirements (pp. 25-28).
- Assignors Report Dave Buck/Terry Myers.
- Thoughts from Association Leaders / Assignors Meeting.
- Basketball - some (5) missing schedules.
- Mark Kenyon to be assisting Dave, learning process.
- Start with varsity, boys MS - pair mentor & newer official, self-assign
for some games and levels.
- Social media - Twitter account for assigning, private group.
- T erry working raising baseball pay.
- 8-man & 11 -man ratings the same.
- Assignment of MS games / $5 fee/member as nothing is paid by MHSAA.
- Web Report Dave Buck.
- Invoice submitted for web hosting fee and for domain names and privacy.
- Check Meeting dates with Trainers.
- Get up to date info on officials - can be done on line, also bring list
to November meeting.
- Scholarship Committee Report Dale Y/Dan B/Daryl B.
- Do we continue (just 2 applicants)?
- Received and read thank you notes from both recipients.
- Web site needs to be updated for recent recipients.
- New Business/New Members.
- Steve Jacobus; Jerry Dobbins from SMOA - Approved.
- Dave Buck honored by Vern Norris award (MHSAA highest honor).
- Old Business - None.
- Good of the Association - MGG.
- Adjourned at 8:05.
Daniel Barz, FBOA Secretary